The Mojave River and the Central Mojave Desert: Native Settlement, Travel and Exchange in the 18th and 19th Centuries • David D. Earle, 2005.
CA-LAN-192: Lovejoy Springs and Western Mojave Desert Prehistory - L.A. County Public Works, March 2009.
Coso Obsidian Economic Exchange System, Western Mojave Desert • Mark R. Faull, 2006.
They Turned Joshua Trees Into Paper Pulp by Evalyn Slack Gist • Desert Magazine, January 1952.
Mining and Ranching in Soledad Canyon & Antelope Valley by David Earle, January 2003
L.A.-Kern Recycled Water Project EIR (2008): Paleontology, Tataviam & Kitanemuk Prehistory, AV History. 2008.
Miss Antelope Valley 1945-2012.
LW2628 - Santiago Garcia Adobe, Little Rock Creek ~1885.
LW2053 - Stock Certificate, Sanchez & Soledad Mining Co. Color.
LW0311 - Native American Reburial in Palmdale, 3-11-2006 (28 Views).
Death Valley '49ers
- William Lewis Manly's Death Valley Routes, Hand Drawn, 1894. Color.
Tropico / Rosamond
- Wind Sailing on Rosamond Dry Lake, 1890s.
- Stuckey Home (First Commercial Building) in Rosamond, c. 1890.
- SPRR Rosamond Depot, 1912.
- Abandoned Tropico Gold Camp, Rosamond, 10-23-2007 (4 Views).
- Abandoned Tropico Gold Camp, Rosamond, 4-21-2013 (11 Views).
- Rand Mining District Map.
- Butte Lode Mill at Randsburg, ~1949.
- Relics of Gold Mining Operations at Randsburg, 4-13-2013. Multiple Views.
- Gold Mine Shaft Entrance, Randsburg, 4-13-2013. Multiple Views.
- Garlock Ghost Town. Multiple Views, 4-13-2013.
- Garlock Post Office Building, 4-13-2013.
Cerro Gordo, Owens Valley, Owens Lake
- Cerro Gordo Mining Camp, 4-21-2013 (82 Views).
- Cerro Gordo Mines: Cottonwood Charcoal Kilns, Owens Lake, Color Postcard ~1950s.
- Wealth & Water for L.A.: Owens Lake Views; Relics at Keeler, 5-22-2015 (40 Views).
- Owens Lake from the Yellow Grade Road, 4-21-2013 (3 Views).
- CA-INY-272: Swansea Petroglyphs (Solar Observatory?), Owens Valley, 3-27-2016 (60 Views).
- Bedrock Mortars, Independence, Owens Valley, 3-26-2016 (11 Views).
Los Angeles Aqueduct
- Jawbone Siphon (L.A. Aqueduct), Early 1910s.
- L.A. Aqueduct Construction Equipment, Owens Valley, 1908-1913. (28) Photos 2016.
- Jawbone Siphon, 3-27-2016 (26 Views).
Antelope Valley Indian Museum (See also Great Basin Cultures)
- Antelope Valley Indian Museum Building, 7 Views, 12-28-2013.
- Piute Butte, AV Indian Museum State Historic Park, 2 Views, 12-28-2013.
- Anthropomorphic Rock Feature (Female Fertility), Piute Butte, 4 Views, 7-26-2014.
Exploring Mojave Desert
Borax: The Twenty Mule Team by U.S. Borax Inc., 1980s-'90s.
Borax Story: Separating Fact From Fiction by Ted Faye • Borax Pioneer, 1999.
"Over the Range to the Golden Gate" (Excerpts: Descriptions of Newhall, Camulos, Mojave Desert, etc.), 1896 (1884).
AL2061 - Pacific Coast Borax Company, Postal Envelope, Postmarked 10-23-1891.
LW2018 - Mule Team Hauling Borax, Color Postcard, Used in 1908.
LW2023 - Mule Team Hauling Borax, Undated Postcard. Color.
Sterling Borax - Agua Dulce/Lang
Philip Scorza Explores the Sterling Borax Mine 2007
Description & History of Borate Mining in Tick Canyon • CA Div. of Mines 1954.
An "Odd Couple" and Twenty Mules: The Fortune of the Sterling Borax Company in California's Santa Clarita Valley • by Edward Keebler, 12-13-2010
Stephen T. Mather: From SCV Borax Magnate to Founder of the National Park System • Exerpts from "Steve Mather of the National Parks" by Robert Shankland, 1951.
Tick Canyon: Richest Borax Deposit Ever Found • Los Angeles Times, 11-17-1907.
Origins of the Sterling Borax Co. • Acton Rooster 1907-1908.
DZ1001 - Sterling Borax Co. Dinky Locomotive with Edith Helvey, ~1910.
AP1813 - Sterling Borax Works in Tick Canyon (Multiple Views), ~1910s.
AP1809 - Machine Shop Crew at the Sterling Borax Works in Tick Canyon, 1915.
DH2102 - Dinky Locomotive at Sterling Borax Works in Tick Canyon, pre-1921.
LW2362 - Tailings from the Sterling Borax Mine, 4-17-2013.
LW2381 - 2 Sterling Borax Mine Dwellings, 6 Views, 6-8-2013.
AL1401 - Tick Canyon Howlite Specimens in Smithsonian National Museum, 6-26-2014.
Ulexite from Lang (Tick Canyon), Calif. by William Foshag, American Mineralogist 1918.
Veatchite, A New Calcium Borate from Lang (Tick Canyon) by George Switzer, Harvard University | American Mineralogist 1938.
Crystallography & X-ray Measurements of Tick Canyon Howlite by Joseph Murdoch, UCLA, American Mineralogist 1957.