Santa Clarita Valley History In Pictures

Judge Adrian W. Adams
Newhall, California

Adrian W. Adams was appointed judge of the Newhall Municipal Court in 1970 by Gov. Ronald Reagan. For the first time, the Newhall Judicial District had two judges. (C.M. MacDougall, already seated, was the other.) By the time Adams retired from the bench in 1991, a third seat had been added to the court.

Adams opened a law practice on San Fernando Road in Newhall on May 1, 1953, and partnered with attorney James Lowder. One career highlight as a judge was the arraignment of the two suspects in the 1970 Newhall Incident, which came just months after his appointment to the bench. In terms of community service, one of his biggest contributions was to chair the board that created Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital.

In this photo, Adams is seen behind the desk at his Newhall law office in the 1950s.


AA5001: 9600 dpi jpeg from original print
JUDGE ADRIAN ADAMS

thumbnail
Legacy 2004


Judge Adams' Tales of the Newhall Court
thumbnail
1950s

thumbnail
1950s

thumbnail
1950s

thumbnail
1970

thumbnail
With C.M. MacDougall 1970

thumbnail
~1973

thumbnail
COC-IRC Dedication 1974

thumbnail
HMNMH with Tom Lowe 1974

thumbnail
Hospital Expansion 1980s

thumbnail
2003

thumbnail
2003

RETURN TO TOP ]   RETURN TO MAIN INDEX ]   PHOTO CREDITS ]   BIBLIOGRAPHY ]   BOOKS FOR SALE ]
SCVHistory.com is another service of SCVTV, a 501c3 Nonprofit • Site contents ©SCVTV • Additional copyrights apply
comments powered by Disqus
Click for Forecast from weatherUSA   • Edwards Valencia
  • Edwards Cyn Ctry
  • Calendar
  • Freeway Conditions
  • Lowest Gas Prices
  • Canyon Theatre
  • REP Theatre